Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pot-O-Gold Blogger Award #19: The Miss Rumphius Effect

So I'm only going to be posting for about a week and a half, then I'll be taking a month off. December is my no-blogging month. So I'll have another award to present in January. For today, it's a poetry blog. 

About this award: 
I created this award for excellent blogs based on... 
  • interesting and helpful content AND
  • visually appealing and easy-to-navigate design
It's an award that says, "Look at this awesome blog! There's a wealth of information here! If you visit once, you'll want to return again and again." In other words, it's like discovering a pot of gold. 

November 2012 goes out to...

Tricia Stohr-Hunt 
of  
The blog of a teacher educator discussing poetry, children's literature and issues related to teaching children and their future teachers.
The Miss Rumphius Effect is an awesome blog that has been going strong for 6 years since 2006, averaging about 270 posts a year. Tricia Stohr-Hunt is a university professor dedicated to keeping poetry strong. 

Why I like her blog:
  • Her Browse by Content tab allows you to look for popular topics she blogs about.
  • The Monday Poetry Stretch posts offer a topic or a poetry form and the challenge to write a poem and share it.
  • The Poetry Friday posts share famous published poems, usually related to some relevant topic or current event.
  • Her posts are always short and to the point.
  • Awesome children's writers and poets such as Jane Yolen, Kate Coombs, Julie Krantz, J. Patrick Lewis, and Steven Withrow regularly frequent the site. It makes me feel like I'm rubbing shoulders with the best of the best.
  • Lots of teaching tips too!
So, go forth and enjoy your new adventure looking for gold. You might just get lost this time, especially if you love poetry.

Keep on keepin' on...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very worthy of the pot o gold award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I went over to Tricia's blog. I agree. It is clean, simple and very easy to navigate. I will be taking those ideas and revamping my blog in the new year.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...